Terms of Service
Lemmy.zip Terms of Service - Last Updated 4th November 2023
- 1.0: This Terms of Service applies to your use of Lemmy.zip (“we,““us,” “our,” “the website,” “Lemmy.zip,”).
- 1.0.0: Lemmy.zip requires some basic rules in order to ensure the site functions in a way that promotes fairness and equality.
- 1.0.1: Read our Terms of Service carefully before using this website, as these Terms of Service govern your use of Lemmy.zip. The website is available for your use only on the condition that you agree to the Terms of Service set forth above and below. If you do not agree with all of the Terms of Service, then do not access or use Lemmy.zip. By accessing or using the website, you and the entity you are authorized to represent (“user” “you” or “your”) signify your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Service.
Updates to the Terms of Service
- 2.0: In order to reflect and respect developments on applicable law and on the website itself, this document will be updated periodically.
Regarding This Document
- 3.0: The Terms of Service provided by us, together with any additional documents and/or terms they actively adopt through referencing, collectively constitute the legal document this page serves to provide, and is entered into by and between Lemmy.zip and all users (you).
- 3.1: This document contains essential knowledge regarding your rights and obligations, as well as conditions, limitations and exclusions that apply to your use of and access to Lemmy.zip.
- 3.2: Lemmy.zip is a content-aggregation social platform which runs an instance of the Lemmy software. Learn more about Lemmy HERE.
4.0: By agreeing to this section of the document, you accept that:
- 4.0.0: You may only use Lemmy.zip if you can clearly understand and actively comply with the terms laid out on this page.
- 4.0.1: You have not previously been permanently banned from the website.
- 4.0.2: You are at least 13 years of age and over the regulated minimum age defined by your local law to access Lemmy.zip.
- 4.0.3: You are responsible for your own experience on the website.
- 4.0.4: The reporting function shall not be abused. You should only report content that violates the rules defined in the Terms of Service, or content that violates the rules of the community it was posted to. Personal messages may be reported if they violate any of the terms defined in this document. User profiles may be reported by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. Moderation action in communities outside of Lemmy.zip may not be taken if the local moderation team are able to resolve the issue.
4.1: No one under 13 years of age is allowed to use or access the website. There may be designated sections of the website that may require you to be older to use them, and by viewing or accessing not Safe For Work (“NSFW”) content you are confirming you are an adult in your country (usually the age of 18). You can enable or disable NSFW content in your user profile.
4.2: You can find the full list of user responsibilities in the Code of Conduct
- 5.0: Lemmy.zip consists of a colleciton of Local communities and a wide range of federated communities, i.e. communities hosted on other Lemmy servers. You MUST follow the rules of the local or remote instance and community when making a post or comment.
- 5.1: The full Code of Conduct that governs interactions of users on Lemmy.zip can be found HERE
- 5.3: The content provided on Lemmy.zip is not necessarily factually true, and hosting it does not mean agreeing, supporting or encouraging it. We only require all content fully comply with the Terms of Service and any other documents that are mentioned and linked to in this document.
- 5.4: You are solely and entirely responsible for your use of the website and your computer, internet, and data security.
Violation of Terms of Service
6.1: In the case of a violation of the Terms of Service or Code of Conduct, here is what may happen:
- 6.1.0: Removal of the violating content, and asking you to not repeat it again.
- 6.1.1: Being warned for the second time, and having your account temporarily suspended.
- 6.1.2: Adding temporary or permanent limitations to Lemmy.zip communities, such as applying NSFW tags or restricting the posting of new content by users.
- 6.1.3: Removal of all content associated with the violating party.
- 6.1.4: Permanent removal of communities.
- 6.1.5: Permanent removal of user accounts.
6.2: Any content that breaks the local laws of Lemmy.zip, for example but not limited to CSAM (real or artistic), threats to other users, homophobia, or racism, will result in an instant permanent ban. No reconsiderations of this will be considered.
Our Governing Laws
- 7.0: The website and the agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom and the European Union.
- 8.0: You waive Lemmy.zip and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and all their respective staff, representatives, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, and successors from any claims resulting from any action taken by Lemmy.zip, and any of the foregoing parties relating to any investigations by either us or by law enforcement authorities.
- 8.1: In the case of having to face an event not covered by the Terms of Service, the full body of this document will still keep its validity and use. In this event, the laws applicable to us, which were mentioned in Section 7, will be used as a primary guide in content moderation.
- 8.2: Should any section of the Terms of Service be held invalid or unenforceable, that section shall be construed consistent with applicable law and all of the remaining sections shall remain in full force and effect.
8.5: The Fair Use Policy of Lemmy.zip may be found at Code of Conduct
Contact Information & Report Harmful Content
- 9.0: All questions, issues, concerns and requests regarding Lemmy.zip and the Terms of Service may be sent to [email protected].